April 3, 2016

Natural Hair Options for Covering Gray Hair

Regal, Distinguished, and Elegant!
Those are just a few words that comes to mind when I see women proudly rocking their naturally graying tresses. 

Since the days of Clark Gable, gray hair suggests a certain gravitas among men. The same is not said of women. When women go gray, society starts apologizing to her and explaining that she's entering a new 'season' in life. HUH????

Well call it 'season of life' or plain ole sassiness; whether 100% natural or helped along with color, these women prove that black is beautiful and gray can slay!
Source: Google Images

Gray hair runs in my family. It typically starts in our crown but by early 20s' genetics of gray hair strikes us all. However unlike the we women, when I see my gray hair, the words that come to mind are much less possible. Rather than regal, distinguished and elegant, my gray hair is wiry, untamed, and unattractive in my eyes.

Perhaps its' the fact that it grows in single strands/small patches here and there that I can't find it attractive. Heck, I'd love to have a single area/patch that grew and could be styled as the natural beauty in the picture below.
Source: Google Images

But such is not the case. Over the years, I've been able to manage my gray hairs with simply hair dyeing. While my own hair is a natural dark chestnut, I LOVE the reddish lift I get through dying. 

See me dye my hair using my ole reliable, L'Oreal Feria in this video tutorial. I've been using it for more years than I want to admit. 


While I thank God for the years, I'm tired of fighting these gray strands in my crown. Having lost my last bit of patience, I tried something new. 

I saw a product called Kiss, brush in gray color touch up in the beauty supply store recently. Since nothing else is working, I figured why not give it a whirl. 



See the results and learn the science of hair; specifically gray hair in this video tutorial. 


Please like, comment, and 
SUBSCRIBE, SUBSCRIBE, SUBSCRIBE!

Have you tried Kiss? Have you tried another brand? Leave  your comments in the comment section. I look forward to hearing your experiences.

Until we meet again. May God bless you and keep you my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment