July 24, 2012

Prepooing 101

Pre (prior) + poo (shampoo) = Prepoo
Prepooing is a great way to protect your hair from the harsh sulfatess in shampoo or detergents in sulfate-free cleansers (aka no-poos).

There are two common ways to prepoo:
1. Oil: Apply your favorite oils to your hair and allow them to set for several hours. 
Optional: Sit under a warm hood dryer to ensure that your hair's pores open up and soak up all the goodness.

2. Conditioner: Deep condition your hair PRIOR to shampooing. The conditioner will feed your hair all of the great nutrients, vitamins, proteins, and anti-oxidants needed to strengthen it and prevent it from being stripped by the shampooing process. Allow the conditioner to set for at least one hour.
Optional: Sit under a warm hood dryer to ensure that your hair's pores open up and soak up all the goodness.
Rinse then shampoo, condition, deep condition (optional) as regular! 
Try it!
Check out this video to see how I mix my favorite prepoo recipe. 
Matter of fact, I use the same thing for my deep conditioner too! 



What is your favorite prepoo recipe? Share in the comments section below!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a nice deep conditioner!! I don't prepoo always. I do more often cowash first then shampoo, or alternate when im washing. I feel it works good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I use the same thing for my prepoo and deep conditioner. It leaves my hair super soft, shiny, and detangled! :)

      Delete