While not about hair, we're here to hold each other down in ALL areas.
As such and therefore, I must ask your compliance with the summertime shoe pledge.
Please raise your big toe and repeat after me...
As a member of the Cute Girl Club, I pledge to comply with the following rules when wearing sandals or other open-toe/open-back/
- I promise to only wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs.
- The sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps.
- I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe.
- I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow.
- I will shave the hairs off my big toe.
- I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, or sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there. Besides, nobody under the age of 70 does this anymore anyway. It looks a mess!
- If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back into place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe professionally fixed or toss it.
- I will not live in corn denial; rather I will lean on my good friend Dr. Scholls if my feet need him.
- I will resist the urge to buy jelly shoes at Payless for the low, low price of $4.99 even if my feet are small enough to fit into the kids' sizes. This is out of concern for my safety, and the safety of others. No one can walk properly when standing in a pool of sweat and I would hate to take someone down with me as I fall and break my neck.
- I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my toes swell and begin to look like Vienna sausages.
- I will be brutally honest with my girlfriend/sister/
coworker when she asks me if her feet are too ugly to wear sandals. Someone has to tell her that her toes are as long as my fingers and no sandal makes creepy feet look good.
- When I wear flip flops, I will ensure that they actually FLIP & FLOP!...making the correct noise while walking. I will NOT slide or drag my feet while wearing them. That is sooooo trifling!
- I will throw away any white/off-white sandals that show signs of wear... nothing is tackier than some dusty white sandals.
- I will go to my local nail salon at least once per season and have a real pedicure
If you find these truths self-evident, please take the pledge and pass it on. Remember, I am my sister's keeper.
Please share your comments, tips, and reshare.
See ya' along the journey my friend!
Remember, sites like these only survive with support from you
Your support is MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!