April 9, 2017

What is Beauty?

7 YEARS!
I still can't believe it's officially been 7 years since I made the decision to no longer relax my hair. I say it often but in case there is any doubt...
I wouldn't take nothing for my journey now!!!




How about you? Are you still on the natural hair journey? If so, how is your journey going? If not, what changed your path? 

Recently I've seen numerous videos, blog posts, and personal accounts of women who have decided to go back to relaxers. Why? Was natural hair just a fad? More importantly, what does the overwhelming unwillingness to accept our natural hair say about our perception of beauty? As black people, why is it that we overwhelmingly pursue any and everything that is 'other' than what is natural to us? Are wigs and weaves an occasional convenience/novelty or are there deeper psychological issues at root (forgive the pun)?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the topic. Hear mine in this latest video. Be sure to stick around to the end. My super sweet niece is featured (the youngest of the two). She makes my point in a way words never could. Please be sure to subscribe, like, comment, and reshare. Your support is most appreciated!


Be well my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment