April 7, 2011

Why Should You Join the Journey?



While I'm thrilled that there are lots of GOOD sources for natural hair information, it seems that the table is getting a little crowded. And I don't know about you, but I'm beginning to feel that some of those at the table...well they're not so good. Or put more politely...they're not what I'm looking for. My frustration with this fact is why I have started Journey To My Roots.

So why should you join Journey? What makes me different? It's all about what you'll get and won't get!

What You Get:
  1. Blogs, Videos, Pictures and Tools that are informative, interesting, to-the-point, user-friendly and made with effort.
  2. An open, respectful, candid and FUN forum where you can get info and share your own experience without risk of being badgered.
  3. An open door to me. I'm humble, I'm flexible and I'm always open to constructive criticism. Bring it on! I see it as an opportunity to grow.
What You Won't Get:
  1. Videos with babies crying, dogs barking and tvs blaring in the background! Rambling, poorly written, non-researched blogs/posts. Risque pictures. Offensive music. Nope...not here!
  2. Aggressive sales and marketing. Yes, I do sell my hair milk and hair food. And yes, I will likely begin allowing some level of ad pop-ups. But passive marketing is one thing. Feeling like your'e watching QVC/HSN, that's another. You won't get that here!
  3. Irrelevant, unclear, incorrect, or otherwise ridiculous material. There will be no rambling videos about what happened at the grocery store. No soap-box rants about politics.  And NO fakery. Good, bad or ugly, you'll always get my honest opinion of what worked and what didn't work for me. 

Yep folks. All you'll get here is hair. I know that's why your'e here and I know you could be doing something else. I respect that!
My Commitment to You:
I commit to doing my best to make this the an excellent education, information, networking and support source for all things healthy hair.

What I Ask of You:
Take a look around and see if I've lived up to my commitment. If I have,  please join the site, hit the "Like" buttons, share the materials, spread the word and most importantly..keep coming back! If I have not, LET ME KNOW! I will fix it...or I'll shut this down.

Thanks everyone. I'm thrilled to have you along for the journey!!!