March 12, 2016

Vintage Updo...Sassy & Simple Style for Natural or Relaxed Hair!




If you know me, you know I love all things vintage! Be it Madam CJ Walker, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Billie Holiday, or Coretta Scott King, these women and the styles they wore scream class, culture, and distinction. While history tells some very ugly truths about this time, it paints that truth behind an enghanting picture, a picture that includes elegant updos, curls adorned with flowers, and jewelry as hairpieces.


When I first went natural, one of my FAVORITE Youtubers was Curly ChroniclesShe has some of the most gorgeous yet creative and simple vintage styles ever.

So given my love of vintage, I'm thrilled to share this video tutorial. 
Natural or relaxed, this simple updo is a great vintage style! Check it out then like, comment, reshare, and please SUBCRIBE, SUBCRIBE, SUBSCRIBE!



Please share your comments below and if you try this style, please share your pictures. I'd love to create an album and reshare them. You can reach me at journeytomyroots@gmail.com

Want more vintage looks. Click on the picture below to check out a throwback tutorial from Curly Chronicles.


She's grown her brand since the original days as Curly Chronicles. 
You can now find her as The Retro Natural @ http://theretronatural.blogspot.com
Definitely check her out. She's a real thinker. 
She's funny, intelligent, and beautiful beyond words. You'll learn a lot of science with her as well and you know I LOVE that. Say it with me, 'The more you know, the more you grow!'

Til next time, much love and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment