January 29, 2016

DIY Hair Accessories

Is that a necklace; a necklace and hair pin; or an ornate hair accessory? Yes! It's whatever my heart fancies!

I don't know about you but I'm completely shocked by the cost of a simple headband or decorative hair comb these days. You can call me cheap. You can call me wise prudish. But if there's one thing you cannot call me it's wasteful! I simply refuse to pay exorbitant prices for flimsy flowers on cheap plastic bands!

That said, I do love a high-quality, beautifully-made, hair piece. 
Such is the specialty of BoutiqueDeBandeaux (BDB) on Etsy!
Click the picture below to check out her offerings.

 BoutiquedeBandeaux

BDB makes GORGEOUS hair couture especially designed with thick, curly, hair in mind. I love that many of her items are silk-lined- a must for us natural girls who know that cotton absorbs the moisture right out of your hair.

So while some boutiques, create ornate items that are worth paying for (i.e. Boutique Bandeaux), you too can make beautiful hair pieces. It's super simple and best of all....it's practically free!

Check out my latest video, DIY (Do it yourself) Hair Accessories to learn how to fashion your own hair pieces with a bit of creativity and ingenuity. I don't know about you but I have more pieces of jewelry than I'll ever wear and more flowers than I'll ever decorate with. Why not put them to good use? Learn how here:



In addition to the pictures on the video, you can head on over to my Facebook page to see even more ideas in my album, DIY Hair Accessories. Please be sure to 'like' my page. I truly appreciate your support.

Here's a couple of other ideas:
  • Have spare weave or Kankelon hair? Braid it and wrap it around your head as a headband.
  • Got tons of buttons you've collected over the years from the clothes you've bought? Use a glue gun and glue all different kinds to a thick ribbon and tie it around your head as a headband!
  • Be sure to check out Dollar Tree. They have tons of great clip on decorations such as these butterflies. Clip them to a stretchy headband and viola, you've got another cute hair piece!


So what do you think? Share in the comments and then come on over to the Journey to My Roots Group on Facebook to chat it up. See you there!

Trouble connecting? Click here>>> 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/JourneytomyRoots

I'd love to see what hair accessories this video inspires you to make. Email your pictures to me at journeytomyroots@gmail.com
I'd love to post them!

Thanks again Journeyers. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment